Can you believe its Christmas next week? I mean seriously, where did the time go. I am sure you will be or planning on doing some travelling in the coming weeks, whether by plane, car or train so to minimize your stress levels and stay healthy, I have compiled my top 5 tips for you.
- Wash Up: Keep your hands clean and out of your mouth and off your face. We don’t realize how much we touch our face before washing them. Wash your hands often as you can and keep hand sanitize with you at all times. Germs are all over the place as well, door knobs, handles, etc., so what I like to do, which I am sure you do this already, is once you wash your hands and you leave the public restroom, use paper towel or your sleeve to open the door.
- Get up and move around: While travelling you will be doing a lot of sitting down and your legs and butt will sure be numb. If travelling by car for many hours, when you stop for gas, get out and stretch your legs or if by train or plane, get up and walk around and do some stretches.
- Drink Your Water: Drink your 8 ounces of water per hour. You want to keep yourself well hydrated to keep your mucous membrane moist to keep the bugs out of our system.
- Pack nutritious snacks: This is probably the most important one. Nothing is worse then airplane food or fast food restaurants. Pack snacks that will not go bad and ones that you can take over the border with. Check with your customs office. Good ones and ones that are sure to be safe are nuts, seeds, popcorn. You also want to ensure you eat every few hours as well to stabilize your sugar levels.PLUS, the best part is it will save you money.
- Get your sleep: Do your best to get a good nights sleep the night before you travel, especially if you are driving. As adults, we need minimum of 8 hours sleep so plan on getting all your packing done a few days before so you can ensure you get to bed on time.
Healthy Eating, Healthy Living!